Thursday, March 27, 2008

our trip to yellowstone

I was going to make a wiki for this trip but I can't find a free one that all of us can access. So I am going to see if this will work.

You can put the cities in mapquest and see if you think this trip will fly.
Sacramento to Winnemucca, Nv - 4hours 25 minutes
Winnemucca, nv to Boise, ID 4 hours 48 minutes
Boise, ID to Butte, MT 6 hours 37 minutes
Butte, MT to Livingston, MT 1 hour 32 minutes
Livingston, MT through yellowstone to Flagg Ranch Resort, Moran, Wy
4 hours 4 minutes
Moran, Wy to Vernal , UT 7 hours 23 minutes
Vernal, ut to salt lake city, ut 3 hours
Salt lake city, ut to sacramento, ca 9 hours
camping in Flagg Ranch is really close to Yellowstone south gate and 45 miles from Old Faithful. Camping for 4 adults and 3 children is $55 a night though. Lodging is around $100 for 2 adults (Pat and I) - but the camp site and lodge are close together.

I have many more camp/lodge sites that I'm looking for.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

well, it was 13 years ago, and we did have to drive over an hour each day to get to Yellowstone, but we camped for only $6/night! So we'll have to look off the beaten path a little to see if we can find something between $6 and $55! :)

Mom, this blog is awesome. I don't know what it means to set up a wiki, so this is good for me.

The only thing is, I HATE having to sign in w/ my Blogger account since my Blogger blog is defunct. Can you set it (like Dad's) to accept Anonymous or Other bloggers as well? Thanks!!

Deborah said...

oh, also, we found a real ghost town somewhere in Montana, and spent the night there for FREE. it was super creepy but cool as all get-out.

Danielle said...

We vote for cheap, too. :) Although, toilets are always nice...

We'll keep you posted on our job situation as well.

Danielle said...

Oh, and Mom-- if you're interested, you can invite us all to be part of the blog so that we can post on it and not just comment. I'm not sure where this is...somewhere in settings, I think. I've done it a couple times. I was just thinking that it may be nice to be able to see posts right away without having to scroll through the comments?

It sounds like Grant's mom is going to be in California the whole time we're gone. If we want, we can maybe still go see Marty. We'll try to run it by him and see what his plans are for that time.

Pam said...

Maybe Marty would like to meet us somewhere for a day or two?